In this guide, we have ranked and reviewed 7 of the best eCommerce platforms. Below are our top 3 picks.
Best Fulfillment Network
Setup a store in minutes
Best for Small Businesses
Easy to use & intuitive
Best for Beginners
Litespeed optimizes store
Thanks to the many eCommerce software platforms on the market, setting up an online store is easier than ever. In just a few clicks, you can launch a fully-stocked eCommerce store or an automated dropshipping business with minimal fuss or fanfare.
In addition, most of these software tools have features that make email marketing effortless, include customer management tools, and support social media integration, expanding the channels you can use to drum up sales.
You don’t have to feel overwhelmed when choosing the best eCommerce platform for your unique needs. The list below encompasses the top platforms you can use to launch your business right now.
What do we look for to earn a place on the Best eCommerce Platform list?
When making this list, the following key features determined whether a software platform earned a place on it:
- Plenty templates
- Easy to set up
- Analytics and SEO
- Customized domain name support
- Multiple payment options
With so many eCommerce platforms to choose from, it was easy to narrow down the available options to the seven mentioned in this article using the above criteria. Some of them offer a free trial, so be sure to test them out to help you choose the best platform for your needs.
What Are the Best eCommerce Platforms?
The following are our top picks for the best eCommerce platforms:
Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms in the world. Millions of merchants and online entrepreneurs in over 170 countries use it to power their eCommerce businesses. According to the Shopify team, this platform accounts for 10% of total US commerce. And it’s excellent for small businesses that sell exclusively through online stores.
Arguably the best eCommerce platform, Shopify gives merchants the tools needed to launch and run an eCommerce store. It has affordable pricing plans, an excellent selection of plugins that make the software extensible, built-in SEO tools, and information-rich analytics tools that provide valuable insights into your customers and online business.
This platform has affordable plans. Through its 2019 acquisition of wholesale goods B2B eCommerce platform Handshake, Shopify has positioned itself as a platform for retailers and wholesalers. Also, it has a fulfillment service that provides warehousing and order fulfillment to merchants for a fee.
Shopify has tons of features for running online stores, including many options for payment gateways, free themes, and marketing features. The best part about this eCommerce platform is you don’t need any coding knowledge to build a fully-functional eCommerce store.
Some of the platform’s key features include:
- Store/Website Builder – Lets you build a website in minutes without needing technical knowledge.
- Shopify Theme Store – Provides tons of eCommerce themes that give you flexibility in terms of your online storefront’s look and feel.
- Custom Domain Names – Help you establish your brand and make your eCommerce site uniquely identifiable to your customers.
- Centralized Order Fulfilment – Makes fulfilling orders manageable by letting you handle receipt, management, and delivery of orders from a single place.
- Shopify Checkout – Helps your conversions through a one-click checkout process that eliminates friction during the payment stage.
- Shopify Email – Makes creating, automating, and tracking your email campaigns straightforward, helping you build brand loyalty.
- Shopify Inbox – Makes talking to customers and managing conversations easier, whether on the web or through the Shopify mobile app.
- Analytics and Reporting – Provide valuable insights and help you segment your customers, allowing you to personalize marketing campaigns
- Shopify Point-of-Sale – Lets you accept payments in person by turning any device into a POS terminal via a downloadable app.
- The Shopify Fulfillment Network – Provides product storage, order fulfillment, and return handling services.
- Shopify Balance – Lets you access your money four times faster than transferring it to your bank account, preventing cashflow issues
- Shopify Capital – Makes it easy to secure funding for your business without personal credit checks or mountains of paperwork and at a fixed cost
Shopify’s user interface is clean and navigable. The first thing you see when you log in is your overview dashboard, a collection of graphs and charts that provide information on your historical sales data, your customers’ behavior (e.g., repeat customers), and so on.
Meanwhile, thanks to its visual theme editor, website builder, and other tools, you can easily customize your eCommerce site to suit your brand and give your customers a smooth shopping experience.
Shopify has three plans:
- The Basic Plan starts at $1/month, includes basic reports, and accommodates two staff accounts and up to four inventory locations
- The Shopify Plan starts at $69/month, has professional reports, and accommodates more staff accounts and inventory locations (5 for each)
- The Advanced Plan starts at $299/month, has a custom report builder, and accommodates up to 8 inventory locations and 15 staff accounts
All accounts include an online store, multiple sales channels, a point-of-sale system, and 24-hour support. You can save 10% when you subscribe annually.
Also, Shopify offers a free trial (valid for three days), which is excellent if you want to test the software. And you don’t have to provide your credit card details.
Shopify is one of the best eCommerce software platforms for running an eCommerce business. You can set up a store in minutes, and its many features and analytics help you drive conversions and understand your business with a view to shaping future campaigns.
Wix is a website builder and one of the most popular alternatives to creating a WordPress site. However, Wix eCommerce provides many features that make it one of the best eCommerce platforms for creating online stores. For example, this platform provides over 500 designer-made templates for online storefronts and 80+ ways to collect payments.
In addition to eCommerce functionality, Wix has native SEO features to help your store’s visibility on search engines. You can use a custom domain name to help with branding your eCommerce shop. And Wix users can take advantage of the platform’s free SSL certificates to keep their eCommerce sites’ contents secure with end-to-end encryption.
You can find hundreds of free and paid applications that extend what Wix can do in the Wix App Market. Also, the platform can connect you to Wix Partners, who can help you design or market your store. And, thanks to its enterprise-level security, it keeps your online enterprise safe from cyber threat actors.
- The Wix Editor – Provides the tools needed to build a professional eCommerce storefront from scratch without writing a line of code.
- Hundreds of Professionally-Designed Templates – Make setting up an eCommerce store without needing to hire a web developer straightforward.
- A Performant Design Philosophy – Means every component in a storefront theme is optimized to ensure your website loads fast when your visitors land on the page.
- Wix Blogging Platform – Makes it easy to engage in content marketing by providing the tools needed to set up a blog, schedule posts, share content, and more.
- Multiple Sales Channels – Mean you can use a single dashboard to sell in multiple places around the web like Facebook, Instagram, eBay, Google Shopping, and so on.
- Over 50 Payment Gateways – Like PayPal, Stripe, and Square. They let you accept payments from your customers using the methods they’re most comfortable with.
- Abandoned Cart Functionality – Makes it easier to convert leads into customers through automated emails that encourage them to complete their purchases.
- Automated Sales Tax – Eliminates the burden of manually doing your taxes, letting you focus on your business’s bottom line.
- Wix Partners – Make it possible to hire experts from the Wix Marketplace to design or market your eCommerce website.
- Enterprise-Level Security – Wix Security is run by a team of cybersecurity experts and provides real-time threat detection to keep your store safe from bad actors.
- Partnerships with Dropshipping Manufacturers – Ensure you can build a dropshipping enterprise on the backs of Shopify-vetted manufacturers.
- Streamlined Shipping Tools – Let you handle shipping, get competitive shipping rates from reliable domestic and international shipping services, and print labels.
- A Proprietary Currency Converter – Lets your customers browse your store in their local currencies while putting control over the currencies displayed.
The Wix UI is easy to use and intuitive. The platform’s drag-and-drop editor makes building eCommerce stores straightforward. You can easily add and remove elements on the page and design a beautiful and mobile-responsive storefront without writing a line of code.
Also, searching the Wix App Market for tools and features that extend your eCommerce store is enjoyable. The platform lays everything out in an uncluttered design, making the navigation process beginner-friendly.
Wix has three premium plans:
- The Business Basic Plan starts at $17/month and provides 20 GB of storage space and 5 hours of video
- The Business Unlimited Plan starts at $25/month and provides 35 GB of storage space and 10 hours of video
- The Business VIP Plan starts at $35/month and provides 50 GB of storage space and unlimited hours of video
All plans include features like:
- Custom domain
- Free one-year domain
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Secure online payments
- No Wix ads
The Business VIP Plan is the only plan with customized reports and priority customer care. Meanwhile, the Business Basic and Business Unlimited Plans include 24-hour support.
Wix offers a 14-day free trial and a 100% money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with the software.
When it comes to building beautiful eCommerce stores, it doesn’t get any better than Wix. Its drag-and-drop editor makes it one of the best eCommerce platforms for beginners and small businesses who don’t have the budget for a web developer.
Hostinger is a well-known web hosting company that has its hands in many pies. While you’re more likely to think about web hosting, migrating an existing website, or domain registration when Hostinger is brought up in conversation, it also offers a service for building online stores called Zyro.
The Hostinger Zyro platform makes selling online easier by providing designer-made templates, a drag-and-drop editor, multiple sales channels, multiple payment options, and more. Also, the platform has reports and tracking built-in, and it integrates with Google Analytics. Combined, these analytics tools provide valuable customer insights.
If you dread doing your taxes, Zyro can help you with the calculations involved in that process. It’s also an excellent platform for converting customers into loyalists, as it lets you create discount codes to provide to customers. And it has a built-in shipping rate calculator that takes the headache out of calculating shipping fees.
- An Intuitive User Interface – Makes adding a Zyro-powered eCommerce store to your website as simple as a few clicks.
- The Inventory Management Dashboard – Means you can use a single dashboard to add, track, and manage your inventory on different platforms.
- A Mobile-Responsive Design – Provides your customers with a pleasant shopping experience no matter what device they use to access your site.
- Multiple Sales Channels – Mean you can sell your product on other platforms like Amazon, Facebook, and Instagram.
- The Built-In Shipping Rate Calculator – Eliminates the headache of calculating shipping rates by leaving the heavy lifting to Zyro.
- Discount Codes – Let you inspire customer loyalty and incentivize spending by providing them with discounts.
- Reports and Google Analytics Integration – Provide valuable insights into customer behavior, helping you shape marketing campaigns to drive conversions.
- Custom Ads – You can use Zyro to run unique ads on platforms like Instagram and Facebook, letting you reach your customers where they hang out online.
- Gift Cards – Let you encourage your customers to spread the word about their favourite products from your store.
- Automated Taxes – Let Zyro handle tax calculations and reporting, freeing up more time to oversee other administrative aspects of your business.
Hostinger’s Zyro has a slick user interface that makes navigating the platform a pleasure. Beginners won’t feel overwhelmed by screen clutter and will easily find the features and functions they need to set up and start running their eCommerce store.
Hostinger proper has a feature called LiteSpeed, which you can use to optimize your site. As its name suggests, the feature helps boost your website’s speed so it loads quickly for customers.
Hostinger’s Zyro Business Plan starts at $3.59/month and includes:
- 20+ payment gateways for accepting online payments
- Space for up to 500 products
- Email notifications
- Order and inventory management tools
Also, it provides non-eCommerce features, like:
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage
- 24/7 customer support
- Blogging tools
- Messenger and WhatsApp live chat
- Integration with Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel
- AI Logo Maker
- Visitor remarketing
Finally, like all Zyro plans, it has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
With Hostinger’s Zyro service, you can quickly create an eCommerce website that appeals to your customers and generates sales. It has many features to help you provide your customers with a frictionless shopping experience and its reporting tools give you much-needed data for planning and marketing.
BigCommerce is an eCommerce platform with enterprise-grade features and functions. As of June 2020, entrepreneurs in 120 countries use the platform for their eCommerce needs, and it powers 60,000 online stores. And it’s one of the best multichannel eCommerce platforms, letting you sell on Amazon, eBay, Google, and other platforms on the web.
This platform works well with a WordPress website and is fantastic for SEO. Also, you can take advantage of its 70+ discounts and promotions to incentivize your customers. It’s compatible with digital wallets like Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, and PayPal One Touch. And its cross-channel eCommerce capabilities mean you can have multiple storefronts.
Thanks to the 2016 partnership with Amazon, you can sync your inventory between BigCommerce and the eCommerce giant’s platform and vice versa. It’s one of the best platforms for B2B online commerce, but it also has native direct-to-consumer functionality. Some of its enterprise-level features include 99.99% uptime and robust security.
- The Page Builder Visual Editor – Provides a drag-and-drop editor that makes editing the pages of your eCommerce site quick and painless.
- Multi-Currency Payment Options – Let your customers pay you in over 100 currencies.
- B2B Payments – Mean you can collect payments from other businesses using different payment options and credit authorization.
- Automated Taxes – Mean you can leave the bean-counting to the platform’s Avalara Avatax technology.
- Analytics and Reporting Tools – Provide insights into customer habits through BigCommerce’s Analytics Dashboard.
- The Platform’s 99.99% Uptime – Creates many opportunities to make sales.
- Customizable URLs and Robot.txt Access – Let you optimize your eCommerce store for search engines, ensuring a higher rank on search engine results pages.
- The BigCommerce Shipping Manager – Offers flexibility in how you ship orders. Flat rates, weight or value-based rates, real-time carrier quotes – the world’s your oyster in how you charge for shipping.
- Multichannel Integrations – Platforms like eBay, Facebook, Google, and Amazon increase the places you can sell your products on.
- One-Page Checkout – Streamlines the checkout process, ensuring a frictionless shopping experience that leads to more completed sales.
- Inventory Management Tools – Ensure you never run out of stock by making it easy to track and manage your inventory.
- 24-Hour Support – Via email, chat, and telephone (US-based), means you can get answers and solutions to questions and issues you face at any time.
BigCommerce’s user interface makes designing an eCommerce store easy. It has a helpful step-by-step indicator that guides you through the platform’s different features, meaning beginners can quickly get to grips with the software and make it do their bidding.
Regarding its aesthetics, the interface is clean and uncluttered, with all the features and subfeatures arranged logically. Thanks to a prominent search bar, you won’t be confused when looking for specific functions.
BigCommerce has four plans:
- The Standard Plan starts at $29.95/month, includes an online store, and accommodates online sales of up to $50,000 per year
- The Plus Plan starts at $79.95/month, includes marketing tools, and accommodates online sales of up to $180,000 per year
- The Pro Plan starts at $299.95/month, includes advanced features, and accommodates online sales of up to $400,000 per year
- The Enterprise Plan has a custom price. Contact sales at 1-866-991-0872 for the price
All plans include features like:
- Unlimited file storage, bandwidth, and capacity for products
- Unlimited staff accounts
- Real-time shipping quotes
- Single-page checkout
- A mobile-responsive website
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Amazon Pay
Except for the Standard Plan, all BigCommerce online store plans have abandoned cart recovery, the ability to store credit cards, and customer segmentation and grouping. There are no additional transaction fees with any of the plans.
BigCommerce offers a 15-day free trial. You can speak to a consultant about the software’s features by dialing 1-888-248-9325.
Consider BigCommerce if you plan to sell to other businesses. It’s the best eCommerce platform for B2B eCommerce, and its enterprise-level uptime means you’ll always have opportunities to sell to customers.
WooCommerce is one of the top eCommerce platforms for building online stores. This free platform enjoys an enormous following, forming the backbone for 3.4 million online stores. It’s been downloaded 74 million times and is an open-source eCommerce platform/plugin built specifically for the WordPress content management system.
Most people use WooCommerce to add eCommerce functionality to existing websites. As an open-source software program, it has a huge community of developers who are constantly extending its functionality. And it has many mobile-friendly templates to help you build eCommerce stores quickly.
One of this platform’s standout features is its translation capabilities that let you serve international audiences. Like other platforms, WooCommerce boasts multi-currency support and multiple payment options that provide your customers with a frictionless shopping experience. And it has real-time updates that alert you to orders while you’re on the go.
- No-Code Customizations – Allow you to fully customize your eCommerce store visually and without the coding know-how using pre-made block themes.
- Sell Anything – Whether you’re selling physical or digital products, WooCommerce provides the tools needed to make sales.
- Multi-Currency Support – Lets you sell to customers in different currencies.
- Flexible Payment Options – Provide customers with a frictionless shopping experience by letting them pay how they want.
- Translation and Multilingual Features – Make it easy to serve international audiences and turn your store into a truly international enterprise.
- An Amazing Selection of Storefront Themes – Provides you with flexibility in how you design your eCommerce website to attract customers.
- Real-time Data and Updates – Mean you can manage orders as they come in, at any time, anywhere, and on any device.
- WooCommerce Shipping Features – Let you print shipping labels directly from your WooCommerce dashboard, saving you time, energy, and shipping fees.
- Multiple Payment Options – Provide more ways for your customers to pay you, including credit and debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and more.
- Email Marketing Tools – Let you market directly to your customers’ inboxes at the right time using automation.
As a WordPress plugin, WooCommerce doesn’t have a user interface. However, the plugin is straightforward to use and has clear commands and functions that are intuitive.
WooCommerce is free. However, it has paid add-ons (proprietary and user-developed) that extend the plugin’s functionality. Some of the most popular options include WooCommerce payments, Sendcloud (for shipping), WooCommerce Google Analytics, and MailChimp for WooCommerce. All of the paid extensions have a 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you have a WordPress blog or website and want to add an online store to it (to sell physical or digital products), WooCommerce is excellent for doing that. You’ll be joining millions of online store owners who use and trust this user-friendly eCommerce platform as an eCommerce solution for their websites.
Squarespace is a drag-and-drop builder in the vein of Wix. Like the above-discussed popular eCommerce platform, it provides features and functionality needed to sell products online, including shopping carts, inventory management, and more. However, this platform goes a step further by providing tools to help you sell services as well.
For example, Squarespace provides calendars you can use to schedule appointments. You can embed a map into your online store’s web page that shows customers how to find your business. And the platform also facilitates email marketing. You can sell subscriptions, digital products, and more with Squarespace. And its SEO tools help you optimize your listings.
Also, Squarespace offers a decent range of integrations with third-party eCommerce applications. For example, its Printful integration will appeal to you if you plan to run a print-on-demand store. Meanwhile, the Squarespace Unfold App puts graphic design powers in your pocket, giving you the ability to design professional social media posts on your smartphone.
- The Squarespace Logo Maker – Helps you build your brand from the ground up with a free tool that’s easy to use and powerful.
- Squarespace Mobile Store Management – Provides an app for mobile devices that make managing your store from anywhere possible.
- Customizable Templates – Let you easily and flexibly design your online store to your exact specifications.
- Commerce Integrations – Like payment options (e.g., PayPal and Afterpay) and print-on-demand companies (e.g., Printful) that provide more ways to sell and collect revenue.
- Email Campaign Tools – Let you build email lists and market to your warmest leads directly in their email inboxes.
- Connected Social Media Accounts – Let you drive traffic from other platforms to your eCommerce website.
- The Squarespace Video Studio App – Provides video-making and sharing tools that let you grow your audience and influence sales.
- Scheduling Tools – Allow you to set up appointments for your service or coaching business and stay organized.
- The Squarespace Unfold App – Turns your smartphone into a graphic design platform you can use to craft professional social media posts.
- Multiple Shipping Options – Give you a choice between setting a flat, weight-based, or real-time shipping rate.
- Tax Tools – Take the complexity out of tax compliance via a straightforward tool and automation.
- SEO Features – Help you rank your online store on search engines, ensuring you’re found.
Squarespace is easy to use. The user interface is intuitive and clutter-free, so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding the functionality you want when you need it. Also, its drag-and-drop editor makes building online stores fun, and you can have a fully-functional site done in under an hour.
Squarespace has four plans:
- The Personal Plan starts at $23/month
- The Business Plan starts at $33/month
- The basic Commerce Plan starts at $36
- The advanced Commerce Plan starts at $65/month
All Squarespace plans include the following features:
- Unlimited bandwidth
- SSL security
- 24-hour customer support
- Mobile-optimized website
- Video storage (up to 30 minutes)
- Search engine optimization tools for visibility
- Contributors (2 for the Personal Plan, unlimited for the rest)
- Basic website metrics
Also, all plans (except for the Personal Plan) include a professional Google email, promotional pop-ups and banners, advanced website analytics, integrations, and point-of-sale systems (among other features). You can try them for free without providing your credit card details.
Squarespace is an excellent alternative to Wix. If there were one place where it has an edge over other eCommerce platforms, it’d be its provision of tools for entrepreneurs who want to sell their services rather than physical or digital products.
Square Online is an off-shoot of Twitter founder Jack Dorsey’s point-of-sale company Square. This eCommerce platform helps brick-and-mortar retailers move their businesses online. It achieves this objective by providing features like payment gateways and tools to create loyalty programs and personalized promotions and coupons.
The best part about this platform is it’s free to use (though there are paid options as well). And you don’t have to pay any fees until you make a sale, with the fees payable being reasonable. Also, it integrates with third-party applications, extending the platform’s functionality with features like chat, subscription payments, and more.
If you’re having trouble figuring out your online business, Square Online’s team of experts is always ready to help you find a solution. The app integrates with social media platforms, increasing the avenues you can make sales. And its built-in Afterpay means you can give your customers the option to buy now and pay later.
- Responsive Websites – You can build an online store that looks good on all screens and devices quickly and effortlessly.
- Tools for Personalized Shopping Experiences – With Square Online, you can give customers accounts that let them track orders and also make personalized recommendations to returnee shoppers.
- Promos and Coupons – Let you inspire customer loyalty and incentivize spending through promotions, discounts, and coupons.
- Free In-Store Pickup – Gives your customers the option of collecting their purchase in-person, providing the opportunity to build brand loyalty through excellent customer service.
- Third-Party App Integrations – Let you extend Square Online’s range of functionality with features like live chat, warranties, appointment booking, recurrent billing, and more.
- Generate Buzz with Scheduling Tools – Square Online provides a scheduler that lets you automate flash sales, product drops, and more.
- Multiple Payment Options – Let your customers choose their preferred payment method (including options like Google Pay, Cash App, and Apple Pay).
- Built-In Afterpay – Gives your customers the option to pay for your products in four interest-free installments.
- Special Web Page Components – Let you draw your customers’ attention to specific products like hot sellers, new releases, sales items, and more.
- Social Media Integrations – Make it possible to sell through social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, and the like, increasing your sales channel options.
- Square Online’s Team of Experts – Can work with you to find the best end-to-end solutions for your online business’s unique needs.
- QR Code Ordering – Makes accepting payments even smoother by letting your customers pay with the QR code on their mobile devices.
Square Online is arguably the fastest eCommerce implementation platform, as you can have a store up and running in minutes. The platform provides a robust selection of colors, fonts, and themes to get the creative juices flowing.
In keeping with Square’s distinct style, its user interface is minimalist, and it’s intuitive and easy to navigate. All elements (toolbar, menu bar, etc.) and functionality are laid out logically, and its black-and-white aesthetic is pleasing to the eye.
Square Online has three plans:
- The Free Plan costs nothing and has features like a website builder and SEO tools
- The Plus Plan starts at $29/month (billed annually)
- The Premium Plan starts at $79/month (billed annually)
The Plus Plan has all the features of the Free Plan plus extras like expanded site customization, a free domain name (valid for a year), the ability to accept PayPal, and self-serve ordering (via QR codes). In addition to all of the Plus Plan’s features, the Premium plan has a lower processing rate and real-time shipping rates.
Transactions for all plans attract a 2.9% and a 30-cent fee.
If you run a small business and are considering moving operations online, Square Online is a fantastic eCommerce platform to use to make the leap. Also, there’s no better choice if you already use Square’s POS in your physical business, as Square Online integrates seamlessly with the POS.
Hopefully, the above list proves helpful in finding the right eCommerce platform for your eCommerce needs, as the software on it are top-tier.
There are many reasons Shopify has become synonymous with eCommerce. The platform knocks it out of the park in terms of helping small businesses make the transition from brick-and-mortar to digital. Shopify’s set-up is incredibly straightforward, and its features offer everything an entrepreneur needs to run an online store.
So, if you’re new to eCommerce and want to get a store up as quickly as possible, we highly recommend giving Shopify a try. It ranks as our topic in our list of best eCommerce platforms.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is an eCommerce Platform?
eCommerce platforms are software entrepreneurs use to host and sell their products online. These software programs provide many features needed for running an online store, including inventory management, abandoned cart recovery, professionally designed storefront themes, marketing tools, and reports that provide customer and business insights.
Which eCommerce Platform Is the Fastest?
Of all the software on our list, Shopify impressed us with its speed. Most of the themes we tested out loaded quickly and weren’t bogged down with bloat, making this eCommerce platform incredibly SEO-friendly.
What Is the Best eCommerce Platform for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses?
Shopify, Wix, and Squarespace are excellent eCommerce platforms for small and medium-sized businesses that want to move their operations online. The above-mentioned platforms are the most user-friendly, offer an excellent selection of themes, and require minimal setup.
Can I Use an eCommerce Platform for Free?
Absolutely! WooCommerce and Square Online are two free options you could try. With that said, consider upgrading to the paid versions to become familiar with these two software platforms, as the subscription plans unlock some of the best features that’ll let you get the most out of them.
Which eCommerce Platform Has the Most Users?
Shopify, without a doubt. In May 2021, the company reported that 1,700,000 businesses were using its platform to sell their products online. Meanwhile, W3Techs claims that 4.4% of the top 10 million websites are powered by Shopify.
How Many Types of eCommerce Platforms Are There?
There are mainly three types of eCommerce platforms: Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platforms, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) platforms, and on-premises platforms. The platforms mentioned in this article fall under the SaaS umbrella. SaaS and PaaS platforms are excellent for small and medium-sized businesses, while on-premises are best for large businesses.