Surfer SEO Case Study: Key insights
- 📊 Surfer SEO is a tool that analyzes the on-page optimization of top-ranking pages on Google for a specific keyword, providing insights on factors like page length.
- 📊 Surfer SEO provides visually appealing and user-friendly graphs to help users easily understand and improve their website’s performance on Google.
- 💡 Surfer SEO provides specific recommendations for optimizing on-page SEO, including the number of characters in the title and meta description, based on the articles that are already ranking number one on Google.
- 💥 According to the case study, one page experienced a massive success, jumping from position 91 to position 10 on Google search results.
- 🤔 Surprisingly, a page that was perfectly optimized on-page and in the index still did not rank for the targeted term.
- 📈 The on-page optimization using Surfer SEO resulted in an average ranking improvement of 1.3 for the articles, outperforming the rest of the website by around two ranking positions.
- 💡 Surfer SEO may not be a “silver bullet” for improving search rankings, but it can still provide valuable insights and teach you about on-page optimization.
Surfer SEO Case Study: Video Summary
Using Surfer SEO for on-page optimization can lead to some improvements in rankings, but it is not a guaranteed solution and may not deliver significant results.
- 00:00 📊 After optimizing 21 articles using Surfer SEO, all of them achieved a green audit and were given a month to rank, resulting in positive results for on-page optimization.
- 00:39 🔍 Copying the successful elements of articles on the front page of Google, such as word length, keywords, headings, and backlinks, can help improve your own rankings, as demonstrated in a case study using Surfer SEO.
- 01:55 🔍 Surfer SEO is a user-friendly tool that provides analysis and rankings for keywords, allowing users to easily optimize their web pages for better search engine results.
- 03:02 📈 Using Surfer SEO to optimize on-page SEO resulted in a slight increase in rankings after re-indexing 21 pages.
- The speaker discusses optimizing elements such as strong/bold elements, keyword density, and headers in order to achieve green ticks for correct phrases and word count in the blog post.
- The speaker discusses using Surfer SEO to optimize on-page SEO, resulting in a slight increase in rankings after re-indexing 21 pages.
- 04:47 📈 Some pages saw significant improvements in their Google rankings, while others remained stagnant or experienced minor bumps.
- 05:51 📈 Some pages saw a slight improvement in rankings after optimization, while others experienced a decrease or remained unchanged, with one page not even appearing in the search results despite being optimized.
- 06:50 📈 After using Surfer SEO for on-page optimization, the speaker saw a 1.3 ranking increase on average, outperforming the rest of the website by two positions, but the overall study was inconclusive and did not meet expectations.
- After conducting on-page optimization using Surfer SEO, the speaker found that the articles on average had a bump of 1.3 in rankings, outperforming the rest of the website by around two ranking positions, but overall the study was inconclusive and did not provide the desired results.
- Getting backlinks is more effective for improving rankings than on-page SEO, but it is still important to optimize on-page content.
- 08:24 📈 Surfer SEO provides some improvement in on-page optimization, but it is not a guaranteed solution and may not deliver the significant results that some expect.