Whether you’re a professional blogger, content marketer, or freelancer, you’re well aware of the importance of creating SEO-optimized content.
Your content should first cater to user intent, of course, but if you don’t create content that can improve your website’s search engine rankings, no one will see it.
This is where SEO tools come in handy.
While these two platforms have similarities, such as content editors and AI writing assistants , they also have a few major differences. The question is, which one is right for you?
Read our NeuronWriter vs. Surfer SEO comparison to learn how these content optimization tools compare.
NeuronWriter vs Surfer SEO Overview
|Comparison Point||NeuronWriter||Surfer SEO|
|Main Focus||On-Page SEO||On-Page SEO|
|AI Content Generation||✔||✔|
|Starting Price (Annual Billing)||$19/mo||$69/mo|
NeuronWriter is a cloud-based tool that offers content optimization and AI writing assistance to help creators produce high-quality content. This tool leverages Natural Language Processing (NLP) technology to generate top-ranking blogs and website copy.
Founded in 2019 by Contadu, a Polish technology company, NeuronWriter now has over 70,000 users — including top brands like Decathlon and Cantorama.
NeuronWriter uses artificial intelligence to offer semantic SEO recommendations to streamline research. Then, it analyzes top-ranking results on Google via NLP algorithms, suggests relevant keywords, and generates content for users.
You can enter a search query (keyword) you want to rank for and let NeuronWriter analyze it. The software will then give you insights, NLP suggestions, and SEO tips to help you create high-quality content for search engines.
The main action happens on its advanced content editor, where you can access the AI-writing tool to streamline your writing process. On the right side of the content editor, you have an optimization panel containing the content score meter, NLP terms, and more options.
NeuronWriter also has a content management feature that helps you schedule and maintain an organized workflow.
NeuronWriter has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate. However, enough YouTube training videos are embedded in the platform if you’re overwhelmed.
Using NeuronWriter is super-easy. Once you’ve purchased a plan, you can create an account and log in. Next, you will see a dashboard to create or manage new projects. The subscription you choose will determine how many files you can add.
It has a simple color scheme and swift loading speed. It is also straightforward to optimize your content as everything happens in the editor. Simply write into it, and you will get real-time suggestions to create SEO-optimized content.
NeuronWriter’s pricing is based on projects, content writer analyses, AI credits, collaboration, and integrations.
Here’s a quick breakdown of what they comprise based on annual billing:
- Bronze ($19/mo): 2 projects, 25 content analyses, 15,000 AI credits, content plan, and content sharing (read-only). Suitable for business owners improving rankings.
- Silver ($37/mo): 5 projects, 50 content analyses, 30,000 AI credits, content plan + new ideas, and content sharing (read-only). Suitable for copywriters
- Gold ($57/mo): 10 projects, 75 content analyses, 45,000 AI credits, content plan + new ideas, integrations, and content sharing with unlimited members (create, edit, and read). Suitable for agencies.
- Platinum ($77/mo): 25 projects, 100 content analyses, 60,000 AI credits, content plan + new ideas, integrations, and content sharing with unlimited members (create, edit, and read). Suitable for a large business working on different domains.
- Diamond ($97/mo): 50 projects, 150 content analyses, 75,000 AI credits, content plan + new ideas, integrations, and content sharing with unlimited members (create, edit, and read). Suitable for SEO/content agency responsible for many projects.
Unlike Surfer SEO, NeuronWriter doesn’t offer a free trial. You will have to purchase the lowest subscription to see if you like the service. However, it has a lifetime deal that requires a high upfront cost but offers future savings.
NeuronWriter is an SEO tool that can enhance your content creation process with its generative AI tool and content optimizer. It is perfect if you are looking for a tool that can provide SEO optimization features without breaking the bank.
2. Surfer SEO
Surfer SEO is a tool that helps content creators create top-ranking content on search engines. It is a cloud-based platform that lets you plan, write, and optimize content such as blog posts and landing pages. ‘
Like NeuronWriter, Surfer SEO also began as a side project in Poland. But after making its first sale in 2018, the company hasn’t looked back. They have become the industry-leading on-page optimization tool. According to their website, over 600,000 people use their keyword research tool, Keyword Surfer, daily.
Speaking of keyword research, Surfer SEO offers a comprehensive set of SEO tools to expedite your content creation process. With the on-page SEO service, users can do keyword research, devise a content plan, and generate briefs they can share with collaborators.
Surfer SEO has a content editor where you write your copy and receive real-time suggestions on the relevant keywords to include. On the right side, you will see a content score meter, the NLP terms, and other info to help you craft content that shows up on the first page of Google SERP.
Thanks to its content planning functionality, Surfer lets you plan your content calendar and get new content ideas.
Like NeuronWriter, Surfer SEO has an AI-writing tool called Surfer AI. This tool can help you generate high-quality content in a few clicks. The jury is still out on the quality, though.
Surfer SEO has a user-friendly interface. Getting the hang of this tool is easy, even for a new user. It has a slick, modern, and intuitive design.
The platform also has many valuable features that can get you churning out high-quality, search engine-friendly content.
Signing up for Surfer SEO is easy. Click ‘Start Now’ at the top right of the page. Then, you’ll be directed to a page where you can sign up with your Google account or email. Answer the necessary questions, select a plan, and you’re in!
Now, you can create your first task, conduct your research, get a competitor analysis, and start writing. You write in the content editor , using insights, such as related keywords and density, to create an SEO-optimized copy.
Surfer SEO has the Surfer Academy, Surfer Facebook group, and Knowledge Base to help users get the most out of the platform. You can also contact customer support via email.
Surfer has four pricing models: Essential, Advanced, Max, and Enterprise. Each plan differs by the number of users, add-ons, credit, and level of support. Let’s briefly break them down based on the annual billing cycle.
- Essential ($69/mo): 2 organization seats, 180 credits, unlimited keyword research, Jasper and Google Docs integration. Suitable for individuals and small businesses
- Advanced ($149): 5 organizational seats, 540 credits, unlimited KW research, Jasper, and G Docs integration. Suitable for experts and mid-sized teams
- Max ($249): All benefits of Advanced, 1080 credits, 10 organizational seats, add-ons, including advanced auditing, SERP analyzer, and custom branding. Suitable for agencies and big teams
- Enterprise (Custom): Unlimited users, custom credits, All benefits of Max + custom Surfer AI articles, dedicated account manager, priority support, and personalized product training. Suitable for large teams and enterprises.
Unlike NeuronWriter, Surfer’s pricing plans have a 7-day money-back guarantee if the platform doesn’t meet your expectations.
Surfer SEO is one of the best if you are looking for a comprehensive on-page SEO optimization tool. This tool makes it easy to do keyword research without using another tool like Semrush or Ahrefs. As a result, it streamlines the content creation process.
NeuronWriter vs. Surfer SEO: Common Questions
Which SEO Tool is Best for On-page SEO?
NeuronWriter is an excellent tool for creating high-quality content for search engines. It has also gained popularity because it is a cheaper alternative to Surfer SEO—not in a negative way.
Surfer is equally a powerful tool for improving your traffic and search engine rankings. It is the leading content optimization tool. This platform is also more comprehensive.
Surfer SEO vs. NeuronWriter in terms of on-page SEO depends on you. Surfer SEO is perfect if you’re looking for an all-inclusive solution offering more, like content audit for existing web pages. But if you want a simple tool that still gets the job done, NeuronWriter is a no-brainer.
Which SEO Tool is Best for Keyword Research?
Surfer’s keyword research tool can help you create a content plan and discover hundreds of new topic ideas in minutes. Once you’ve run your search query, Surfer gives you the search volume, a list of related keywords, and topic clusters.
This is great because you don’t necessarily need a tool like SEMrush to do keyword research — although it doesn’t offer as much keyword intelligence.
NeuronWriter, on the other hand, can’t perform keyword research. It only analyzes the keyword you want to rank for by researching Google SERP.
Surfer is the clear winner in this round.
Which SEO Tool Has Better Customer Support?
NeuronWriter has a live chat window where you can get a reply in less than two hours during business hours. I used this feature and got a response in minutes. It is impressive. You can also send an email to get any assistance.
Surfer SEO only provides an email address for customer support. This can be frustrating if you are in a bind and need immediate assistance.
NeuronWriter wins this round. Getting access to support when you need it is essential.
Which SEO Tool is User-Friendly?
NeuronWriter has an intuitive user interface that even the least tech-savvy user can navigate. The platform has many videos for every stage. Plus, there is a roadmap and access to several webinars. You’ll be a Neuron-master in no time.
Surfer has a clean design, making it easy to find what you want. If you’re new to Surfer, you can read their knowledge base to get up to speed. It is also more stylish than NeuronWriter.
Both of these content optimization tools are easy to use. But Surfer edges this round because it has a more modern feel.
Which SEO Tool is Best for Budget?
Starting at $19 per month for annual billing, NeuronWriter is the best choice for creators on a budget—whether you’re a freelancer looking to save some cash or a small business.
Surfer is the more expensive option. An annual subscription costs $69 per month, a steep investment for a small business. However, its functionalities are worth it, and there is a reason it is among the best content optimization software.
Budgets vary depending on your needs. Choose Surferseo if you want a comprehensive solution. If you need an option that saves you money, NeuronWriter is your winner.
NeuronWriter vs. Surfer SEO: How to Choose Between Them
Can’t decide between Surfer SEO vs. Neuron for your on-page search engine optimization? Consider the following:
- Needs: Understand what you want from each tool. If your focus is strictly on-page SEO, NeuronWriter is a capable tool. However, Surfer is ideal if you are looking for extras like keyword research, content audit, and more.
- Ease of Use: You want the tool you employ to boost search engine rankings to make your work easier, not harder. That means the platform should be user-friendly. Fortunately, NeuronWriter and Surfer are accessible.
- Budget: Consider your budget before making a decision. NeuronWriter’s pricing is more affordable, especially with its lifetime deal. Surfer SEO costs more, but you’ll get value.
- Support: Having instant assistance can ensure you complete your work on time. Choose a tool that meets your requirements. You can reach out to the Neuron team via live chat and email. Surfer’s support is only available through email.
NeuronWriter and Surfer SEO are two of the best on-page SEO tools out there. Both platforms are as user-friendly as can be, and they both use AI to streamline content creation and create top-ranking pages.
Some differences exist, though.
Surfer has a range of features that aren’t available in NeuronWriter, like the keyword research and content audit functions. Whether they make it better than NeuronWriter depends on what you want.
That being said, you can’t go wrong with NeuronWriter if you want simplicity and cost savings. The choice boils down to your needs and budget.